The basics of being an author
CodeGrape is based on a royalty-free stock model. This means that when you sell an item on any of the marketplaces, you're granting the buyer a license to use that file in certain ways, but you retain ownership of the item and can sell as many licenses as you want. Once you upload an item, it can be purchased ten times, a hundred times, a thousand times... the sky's the limit!
Everything you sell as an author on CodeGrape must be your own original content, and if you use any assets that are owned by someone else, you must have a license that grants you permission to use and resell them.
How does it work?
Upload your items, see them get approved for sale, and build a portfolio of work across as many different disciplines as you want.
Every item for sale on CodeGrape has been checked by a staff member. We aim to catch issues that would reflect negatively on your sales and the broader CodeGrape standards, and may not be able to approve your items if they do not follow our guidelines or are otherwise unsuitable for sale. The review process ensures that when a customer comes to CodeGrape, they're buying a product that has already been tried and tested.
When your earnings balance reaches the payout minimum, you can withdraw it via PayPal or Payoneer.
You can withdraw your earnings whenever you want with a payout minimum of $50. If you don't want to withdraw your earnings, you can use them to buy items on CodeGrape.
We ask that as an author you always abide by the following rules:
- The items you upload for sale must be your own creation. Do not submit works based on tutorials or other people's designs.
- You must have the rights to license the items you upload, either because they are your own original content, or because you have a license that grants you permission to resell any third-party assets included with your item.
- If you believe that anyone on CodeGrape has copied one of your items or is otherwise infringing upon intellectual property rights, please report this behaviour to Help Team.
- Do not buy your own items or engage in other conduct with the intention of defrauding CodeGrape or other authors.
- Do not upload items that contain explicit profanity, nudity or extreme violence.
- Everything uploaded to CodeGrape should be appropriate for commercial sale.